This episode explores community and body confidence with Lisa Monger and Jenny Bier of the Leigh on Sea Bluetits chill swimming group.
In this conversation we talk about the formation of the group, the philosophy behind the community and also have lots of fun talking about what it actually feels like to get into freezing cold water for pleasure.
- Episode introduction [0:45]
- Who are the Bluetits? [2:52]
- How Lisa got into Swimming [4:00]
- How Jenny got into Swimming [5:25]
- How it feels [6:30]
- The benefits of cold water sea swimming [9:00]
- Body Confidence [11:05]
- Cold water and Resilience [14:40]
- Rituals [24:00]
- Finding Jenny and Lisa [37:10]
- Closing remarks [37:55]
Resources mentioned in this episode
If you have enjoyed this episode, please:
Subscribe, share and review this podcast to enter a competition to win one of five copies of Sarah Norquoy’s beautiful memoir, “Salt on my Skin”. (ends Jan 31, 2021)